Written by Susan Diemont-Conwell, Chair, St. James Reopening Task Force A vaccine is on the way! After months of worry, this news gives us hope. But what does this news mean for St. James? When can we get back to normal? The practical reality is that it’s going to be some months before a significant…

Greetings! The Green Action Team (GAT) of St James Presbyterian’s Mission and Social Action Committee invites you to join us to discuss “The Human Element,” a dynamic and beautifully photographed film depicting the changes to our climate, as evidenced by impacts to earth, air, wind, fire and people. The film contains poignant human interest stories regarding these…

Look at these Signs of Resurrection Life, compiled by the St. James Presbyterian Church family! Song credit: Rend Collective’s “Resurrection Day”

Note: Make sure you read to the end…there is a call to action in this email to send your “signs of resurrection” to Pastor Seth. Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen Indeed! Easter greetings to you on this beautiful mid-April day! It was such a joy to gather for Easter Sunday worship with so many…

To the family and friends of St. James Presbyterian Church, Peace be with you. I pray that this note finds you in good spirits as we enter the month of April and continue our trek through the strange journey of coronavirus pandemic. After speaking with a number of you, I have been encouraged to hear…

This article by Glory Johnson will be featured in the May 2020 Pulse newsletter. Back in November, I held a half-day offering on prayer. I’m no expert on prayer and there are many ways to pray. I want to begin to share with you something called, “Listening Prayer,” and how this way of praying has…

Greetings family of St. James Presbyterian Church, We reach the middle of another strange week in our world. These last couple of days have been especially strange, as we honor the Washington State Governor’s Office request to stay home unless venturing out for essential activities (groceries, pharmacy visits, doctor’s appointments) and essential work. I pray…

Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Holding fast in the hope and the foundation of our faith, I write to you to share an update regarding programs and services at St. James Presbyterian Church amidst the coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic. On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Executive Board of Northwest Coast Presbytery…

Greetings,  It has been a trying week around in our world as we face the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19. The leadership of St. James has taken time to deliberate, to pray, and to discern the right course of action for our congregation. In unity, the Session of St. James asks that you…

St. James is participating in the PC(USA)’s Vital Congregations Initiative in 2020-21. In his Pulse articles, Pastor Seth will be sharing a little about each of the 7 Marks of Vitality from the initiative in hopes of unpacking and exploring the concepts for our congregation. This month, we examine Intentional Authentic Evangelism My undergraduate experience…

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

©2024 St. James Presbyterian Church