We are looking for a Ministry Assistant to support the operations and ministry of St. James Presbyterian Church. The ideal candidate has experience serving in an administrative role for a high-functioning leader and managing the needs of a busy office environment. Because this position interfaces often with community partners, church staff, and the larger church body, a successful candidate must have a highly engaging and encouraging personality.
- Answer all phone calls and emails directed to the church office
- Serve as a “gatekeeper” for the Pastor while ensuring everyone with an inquiry is served in a friendly manner.
- Fulfill the administrative needs of the Pastor
- Review and distribute all incoming mail
- Maintain church calendar, coordinating all church building users and manage all use agreements of the church facilities
- Write and edit content for most church communications channels, including weekly bulletin, email newsletter, and website
- Maintain the digital and print files of the church office, including church database and member directories
- Support the scheduling of volunteers
- Keen sense of organization
- Empathetic, caring telephone skills
- A working knowledge of standard office equipment (copiers, phone, computer, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in an administrative role
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- Competent and comfortable working with technology: Microsoft Office, database management software, etc. Ability to learn new software and technology quickly.
Supervised by the Pastor under the advisement of the St. James Session
Hours & Compensation
15-20 hours per week part-time position. Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.